Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 1 (1,038 Views)

Officejet Pro L7580 "The Program cannot read from or write to the file system." error

I was scanning just fine to .pdf when this error popped up on my screen. Before it popped up my I was using the solution center to scan my documents in black and white with a 300 ppi resolution using the document feeder. The scans would go through but they weren't clean (doubled up and slightly offset).

Now I just get the error:

"The program cannot read from or write to the file system. Cick OK to close the program, then try one of the following:

- Delete unused files to free up disk space.

- Reinstall the Photo & Imaging Software.

- Scan your harddisk for problems."

I have 54 gigs of available hard disk and it is good shape. I have reinstalled the software and still no luck. The scanner freezes on "scanning" and I have to turn it off to get back to the home screen. 

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation