cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TheSquirrel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Officejet Pro x551dw unresponsive panel or 'Missing or Failed Printhead'

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro x551dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The first sign of a problem was when my printer would display 'printing' on the display panel when a print job was sent, the motors would whir, the flap would open and then the flap would close, the motors would stop and still 'printing' would be displayed. Nothing would be output.

Cancelling the print jobs on the printer would remove the 'printing' from the display.

I then attempted to print a test page from the printer control panel and the same thing happened: 'printing', whirring, no output.

Then, the printer on the next power-on started and displayed the Apps / Plug and Print / Setup icons on the control panel and then displayed a message 'The printhead appears to be messing, not detected, or incorrectly installed. Error code: 0xc6fd0213'. On pressing the red cross to return to the icons, the message 'Missing or Failed Printhead' with a rotating progress swirl remains on the bottom of the display.  The control panel is responsive. When I press the power button to shut down, the panel displays the hp logo and 'Shutting Down...' and never powers off.

More often, when I switch it on from the wall, the printer immediately powers up, the normal icon display is displayed very briefly and then it displays the message 'One or more of the cartridges installed are genuine HP cartridges that have been used previously'. When I press 'OK' the panel becomes completely unresponsive and the power button will change from green to amber when I press it but remains green when I release it and it will not shut down or even begin the process. The cartridges in the printer have only been used with this printer from new.

3 years old, 3213 pages printed. Firmware: BZP1CN1548AR.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation