Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Not applicable
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Officejet & Mac

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just purchased a Mac (using Maverick) and located the drivers for my Officejet 7310.  Most functions seem to be wokring OK but it prints everything in black and white.  I noticed that it doesnt seem to recongnize it as a an officejet but as a "Generic PCL Laser Printer".  I cant find a way to update it with the correct settings.  I sure it is something simple.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Multifunction and All-in-One to Macintosh-Compatible Products. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 9
Level 9
789 755 68 218
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Generic PCL driver built into Mac OS X is only a B&W driver.

The OS should have located and automatically installed the driver when you connected to teh OfficeJet.  This process seems to have failed for some reason.

You can download all of the latest HP drivers for Mavericks from Apple here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907

Once you install the software.  Delete the print queue that was created in Printers & Scanners and re-add the printer.  It should automatically select the correct OfficeJet 7300 Series driver.  If it does not find it automatically, click on the drop down menu next to Use: and manually select the correct driver.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 and have been using my OfficeJet 7310 on my network for several years.   I have just (again) encountered a recurring problem and hope someone here can help. 

The rear tray (HP Auto Two-sided Print Accessory with Small Paper Tray ph3032) does not always appear as a paper source option, and tonight is one of those times.   Nothing I do in settings or config seems to help.  Under the Driver tab in Printer Setup, the "duplexer" button is checked.  There is no button for "rear tray".  Incidentally, I have an additional lower tray installed also and the printer feeds from it appropriately. 

What's the trick to get the 7310 to feed from the rear tray? 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation