cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Jessicajil
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet h470 bluetooth with Samsung galaxy tablet ... asking for a pin.

Officejet h470
Android 4.4 KitKat

Under settings/bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy tablet, it discovers the Officejet h470,  but it is asking me for a pin. I have an HP bluetooth supplied with the printer but I cannot find a pin written on it? It also says I have to type the pin in on the printer, which it is impossible to do!

I have searched this forum but cannot find anyone with the same problem.

does anyone know how to get round this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,556 25,176 4,524 9,777
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Enter the default PIN Code which is “0000” (four zeros).

If that being denied reset the bluettoth settings as following and then try again:

1. Press and hold down the Power button.
  2. While holding down the Power button, press the Cancel button 4 times, then press the Resume button 6 times.
  3. Release the Power button.

Now try connecting to the Bluettoth device using the default '0000' passcode again.

Regards,

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Jessicajil
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you! I had to turn the printer off and then repeat the process when I turned it on again, and it's now paired.  What a strange process to have been wired in!

I haven't yet got it to print as it just gets stuck on the 'searching for printers' message even though the printer shows as paired.  However I will persevere! 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation