cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
16 15 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Officejet pro 8100 not waking from sleep

HP Recommended

For the last few weeks my Officejet Pro 8100 is sometimes reluctant to wake from sleep. It is a wired  Ethernet connection and its connection shows up with an IP address on the printer web page. I have done a reset and reinstall with no improvement. It used to work OK. I am using Mountain Lion OS 10.8.3. I have to go to the printer and hold the paper feed button to wake it. The Ethernet connected sign shows on the LCD. As the printer is at the other end of the building and I am a severe arthtic, this is very inconvenient for me. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 988
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I see that you're having an issue with the sleep mode on the printer. 

I would suggest updating the firmware. You can install the firmware from here. Please let me know the outcome.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
16 15 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had updated the firmware this mornng after other solutions had failed. It does seem better and at least I can now access the printer details, whereas before it could not find the printer. It was very difficult to update the firmware, as the updater could not find the printer, even with its IP address. In the end, I had to take a laptop to the printer room and connect it to the printer with a USB cable. 

Wilson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
5,461 5,367 360 988
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, the best way to update the firmware is through USB. Let me know if you still have the issue with the firmware updated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had a similar problem.  Updated the firmware via ethernet connection and that didn't help.  We are using a static ip address via ethernet into a cisco switch.  The thing that fixed it for us is we set the auto negotiation on the printer to 100TX - Full and that fixed it - factory default on ethernet is auto negotiation.  The interesting thing now is after the printer goes to sleep a print job will wake it almost immediately but the lights on the NIC card are NOT on.  HP software does some amazing things . . .

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation