Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Officejet pro 8600 N911a - yellow not printing correctly

HP Recommended

I've tried replacing all the cartridges as well as doing an alingment and cleaning cycle mutlple times. Cleaning sometimes worked for a little while but now nothing does. 

I'm attaching a picture that shows the output of a print quality report

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, please let me know.

IMAG0906.jpg

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
445 435 24 69
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry baout this issue, but please do follow the steps in the document below and let us know if it helps -

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02866222

At your help an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a feeling it's the print head that's the problem, since i've already replaced all the cartridges and gone through both a cleaning cycle and alignment with no improvement. Is there no way to clean the print head? Can i soak the print heads in water or alcohol to remove any excess ink?

Buying a new print head doesn't seem very practical to me considering it's half the price of a new printer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
445 435 24 69
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

In case the printer is in warranty you can call HP @ 1-800-474-6836, they will replace it for you but I won't suggest to dip it in alcohol or water this might make things worse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Isn't there any sort of solution i can use to just remove any ink from the printhead? I'm guessing at this point that the print head is just partially blocked. There must be some way to remove any excess or dried ink that's clogging the print head, no? I'm just not familar with the chemical properties of printer ink so I'm not sure what to use to remove it.

If the print head is bad anyhow and we'd have to pay to replace it, it's worth a shot at trying to clean it. 

If it's under warranty then I wont bother and just let HP replace it. Do you know if there's a way to check if it's under warranty ?

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
Level 6
445 435 24 69
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can try using a lint free cloth to clean the printerhead. Also here is the link to check the warranty on the printer-

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?lc=en&dlc=&cc=us

At your help an employee of HP.

**Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left**

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
thanks - looks like it's out of warranty. I tried cleaning the printhead with some paper towels with no effect. i found a place online that sells a printhead cleaning kit for $20, i might give that a try. I also saw somewhere someone suggesting letting the bottom part of the printhead sit in some hot water to try and dissolve the blockage. Probably give one of those a shot. Thanks
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation