Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet pro 8720
Hi. The advertising for deskjet pro 8720 even on the box shows an output printout that is completely different from the reality of the print output..

When I print a one sided document, it comes out upside down and printed side on the back and blank in the front. Completely opposite of the picture on the box which shows a neat output of frontside excel graph that is not upside down and it is not print-side down. That is how I want it to print.

Is there a setting to do this? As this printer is capable of printing on both sides of a paper in one pass, so why can't I do print setup to control it to output so I can easily glance at the output from far away without needing to handle it just to make sure it printed correctly?? It's just much more convenient and best usability wise if it printed like how it's advertised...
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Ebry,

The orientation of the printout for single sided printing would have the printed side facing down.   This is by design and there is no setting in the printer to change it.   Many high performance office printers including the Laser printers behave in the same manner.

I am an HP employee, but I am speaking for myself.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the design intent of this model. If the printed document is 1 page, the printed side will be facing down. It is to ensure privacy of the printed document so that its content is not clearly visible to other user.

Hope this clarifies.

HP Recommended

I just created a post about this as well.  This is definitely a problem when printing a picture.

HP Recommended

My complaint is the same

fluff1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.