cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
US76MC Top Student
Top Student
4 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Officejet v40 Error: Align page not detected

Officejet v40
Microsoft Windows XP

Installed new blk print cartridge.  Printed alignment page.  Ran page through ADF.  Receive Error msg: Align page not detected.  Have tried over and over.  Also unplugged/replugged unit.  I hit cancel and msg says to run alignment.  In a loop.  Printer has no other problems and works fine until now.   Attached to an XP box.   HELP!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
5,308 3,773 305 586
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi @US76MC,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that the alignment will not complete on your HP Officejet v40 All-in-One Printer. I will certainly do my best to help you.

This issue could be related to the ink levels or the printer could be complaining that one of the cartridge is older. You can try by-passing the alignment process by holding down the Enter and Setup together on the  printer's front panel menu.

Here's another post related to this topic:  

It sounds like your paper sensor (also used for alignment) has become damaged. This most commonly happens when the lens for the alignment sensor becomes dislodged, perhaps as a result of a paper jam. The alignment sensor is in a small black rectangle on the right side of the carriage. If the plastic lens is dislodged from the sensor it can be glued back on with a few dots of glue, or a new sensor can be ordered.

Source, posted by my colleague Bob Headrick.

Also, please see this post by my colleague DexterMDo you have an Alignment Failure

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

US76MC Top Student
Top Student
4 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Setup and cancel concurrently led to display note 1:Last transaction.  I then tested a print--and it worked!  Afterward the alignment cartridge note came back up so did the same setup/cancel again and able to print another.  Pain, but at least I can now print--so thank you!

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation