cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Dipotek
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Our HP Officejet Pro 8600 will not scan higher than 300dpi via ADF despite HP pre-sales chat claims

HP Recommended

When we attempt to scan docs at 600dpi through the ADF we get the following error response:

Scan ADF Resolution  Too High

The selected resolution is too high for Automatic Document Feeding (ADF) scanning. The maximum resolution for ADF scanning is 300.  Please lower the resolution and try again.

However, in 2 chat sessions today with HP pre-sales support, I was assured that it should work at 600dpi:

Sara: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer - supports ADF Scan resolution, optical Up to 600 dpi.Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi color (on HP Advanced Photo Paper with 1200 x 1200 input dpi)

Sara: Officejet Pro 8600 is the high end model and it supports more than 300dpi

We have signed manifests that must be scanned at 600dpi to have their bar codes read properly. Should we return these printers and buy something else or is there a fix for this?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Plasmon
Level 3
Level 3
22 22 3 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Unfortunately the Officejet 8600 series does not support scanning at resolutions over 300dpi from the ADF.

However, there are other HP products that do such as the Scanjet product line.  For example, the Scanjet 3000 Sheet-feed scanner supports resolutions up to 600dpi.

-Ken

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

0 Kudos
j_
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there any likelihood that this will change via a driver or firmware update? I've just purchased an Officejet Pro 8600 Plus, and I'm happy with the hardware (and the software is better-designed than most other printer manufacturers', too). But this limitation wasn't noted on any of the HP specifications I saw, and it severely limits the printer/scanner's usefulness for me. It seems to me that it's probably not an intrinsic limitation of the scanner.

Thanks--

0 Kudos
Plasmon
Level 3
Level 3
22 22 3 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The ADF only supports resolutions up to 300 dpi, and it is not possible to change this limitation through a driver or firmware update.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation