cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Saintuch
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

P1102 showing as P1015

HP Recommended

i have hp P1102 laserjet printer which i connected to my system and it displayed P1015, so i cannot instal with the original software any more

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 17,101 1,041 2,643
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Saintuch

I understand the computer is reading the p1102 as a p1015 and you can't install the software.

Try and print a hardware self test to see what it shows for the printer's name.

Click Here.

I would update the printer's firmware. Just put in your operating system and click next. You can download the newest drivers here also. Try installing the printer again. (p1102)

Please provide the following information so I can assist you better.

What is the full name and product number of your printer. (p1102, p1102w)

What does the test page show for the name of the printer?

When you connect the printer to the computer is that when you get the p1015 message? What is the full message?

What operating system are you using?
Here is a document to check your operating system for Windows.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
iziran
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi

i have this problem to

but this solution  dos not work.

and update the printer's firmware dos not work

what you think 

when not install how to update it?

please help me

i can program chip 

thank you

0 Kudos
uye321
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The way above still has not succeeded, there may be other alternatives, hopefully that helps given ease in all affairs

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation