Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,424 Views)

P1102w - Won't stay connected to wireless network

[ Edited ]

A few weeks back I updated both the drivers and the firmware for my HP P1102w printer.  It worked fine up until then.  Now, intermittently, it will fail to print, or there will be a very long delay (on the order of  15 minutes) before documents print:

• The printer will no longer appear in the Netgear Wireless Router's list of devices
  • The print job will remain stuck in the print spool
  • The printer cannot be accessed by web browser (going to its IP address)
  • Neither the HPPDU nor the HPHNDU utilities will be able to contact the printer

I have already done the following:

• Set the printer to remain on (disabled the "Auto Off" option) - problem persists
  • Set the printer to use a static IP address (from this post) - problem persists
  • Rebooted the PC - on one occasion, the printer activated, but not on other tries.  I suspect this was coincidental.
  • Powered off the printer, waited 5 seconds, and powered it back on-- this usually get it working again, for a while, and prints the spool.
  • EDIT: Adding, I also updated my Netgear router's firmware-- no affect.

I've seen a few other posts related to this issue-- is there a consensus on what is causing this and how it can be fixed?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 2 (1,403 Views)

Re: P1102w - Won't stay connected to wireless network

suggest restart printer spooler service when encounter this kind issue,or reinstall driver.

I am an HP employee.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation