Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MdPhoenix Top Student
Top Student
5 0 2
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P1505 Firmware Download Error

I have recently begun purchasing P1505 printers to replace our 1018 and 1020 units which are having problems printing PDF documents.

I now have two printers producing the same exact result.  Both computers are running Windows Vista Business x64.  Both units, produce the error, "Firmward Download Error" in a big dialog box that freaks out my users.  This error pops up when the user attempts to print.  The print job is always successful, but the error shows up and they are required to close the box.  At first I thought this was a problem with just one of the units since it appeared there first, but now that I'm having it on both units, I'm a little upset.

What information do I need to supply in order to expedite the resolution of this problem?

Thanks!

16 REPLIES
MdPhoenix Top Student
Top Student
5 0 2
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you kidding me?  70 people have viewed this and no one else has the problem?  HP, have you seen this?  What's your answer?  I have two totally different computers, one a laptop, one a desktop, both running Vista x64 with your printer and I'm having this problem.  Are you going to pass the buck and blame Dell?

0 Kudos
MdPhoenix Top Student
Top Student
5 0 2
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bump

Help me HP-Kenobi.  You're my only hope.

0 Kudos
MdPhoenix Top Student
Top Student
5 0 2
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WOW.  This is amazing!  I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM.  I've been searching and cannot seem to find a solution.  I sure hope that HP comes to our rescue.  I'd hate to think that my firm would want to get rid of every HP printer in our organization because of unsolved issues by HP.

0 Kudos
fearsomeleader Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have ran into this problem just this morning, I have a user having this issue, XP workstation SP3, and when she is printing today the printer keeps popping the message of Firmware download error, and there is no firmware being installed or downloaded for this device, I have reloaded drivers, and deleted completely and reinstalled and the issue seems to come back.
0 Kudos
MdPhoenix Top Student
Top Student
5 0 2
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's excellent!  Another user steps forth!  There's only going to be more.  I'm extremely infuritated that I've not received a response from HP on this problem.  It's apparent that the issue is going to continue.  Every time I visit the office with these two printers, I'm inundated with questions from the users about when it's going to be resolved.

I won't buy another HP printer until this is taken care of. 

JCarlos Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i'm from Argentina, i have the same error, i tried to make it works in two diferents computers with the same result, of course users are complaining !!!

muchas gracias HP!!!

0 Kudos
JustinBeek Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe this will help?

The firware isn't listed under XP, but it is under XP-64bit

File name:By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP software licensing agreementReleased: 2009-09-18 Version: 20080505 Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP x64

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-60556-3&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

0 Kudos
ferdilouw Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is now more than a year that this problem is reported in these forums with no reply from HP.

I'm having the same problem on 8 P1005's connected to new Win7 64bit PCs. Printers are not shared. Users don't have admin rights.

The big hassle is when they run out of paper nothing you do on the printer can remove the out-of-paper condition in Windows.

I have to reboot the PCs before printing can continue!

By then the user's have submitted 100's of print jobs to the queue.

0 Kudos
slidedr2 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has HP notified anyone about the solution for Firmware Download Error on the P1505, using Windows 7 on the 64 bit processor? Please advise

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation