Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
cocoinc Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 11 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P1505 Firmware Download Error

Same exact issue Vista Business 32 bit. Bueller, Bueller, anyone?

Tags (2)
cadena10 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 12 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same issue, W7 X64

celladvantage Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 13 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have several P1505 and P1505n printers, but I have never experienced this error. I just ran across this thread and have a couple ideas.

It sounds like it may have something to do with HP Update. Perhaps HP Update is checking for firmware updates at some point during idle time but doesn't find any updates. Then when you print it notifies you of this. Try uninstalling HP Update.

Also, the post mentioned earlier about the available firmware update is for the P1505n only -- not the P1505. I ran the firmware update on the P1505n yesterday successfully. It's supposed to fix some issues with slow printing.

On a different note, it looks like HP has discontinued this model printer -- maybe because it's having so many problems. It would be nice if they would release a firmware update for the P1505 as well.

ITConsultant142 Honor Student
Honor Student
1 0 1
Message 14 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try checking the USB cable? I found out that the reason I was getting this error with a customer was a bad cable. She swapped it out with hers and it worked perfectly fine. She took the usb cable to her computer and tried her printer (a different HP printer) and got the same error. So check the cable....my 10 cents.

soportehptes Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 15 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here with Win 7 32 bits.

1700 and more views and still no response.

I really miss HP as a great quality products and service company, the good ol' days.

0 Kudos
Cole_D Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 16 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I used this To solve HP LaserJet P1505 firmware download error on one of our company machines running win 7 Enterprise and it was a personal printer of the user.

1. Go to Start > Printers and Faxes
2. Select Printer > Properties > Security
3. Select Everyone > Permissions
4. Check  allow Manage Printers and Manage Documents

By doing this the users have full access to the printer bidirectional support which is a Key trigger for this error and it keeps you from have to uncheck or disable the option of bidrectional support.

2010-02-05_printer_p1505_firmware_download_error.png2010-02-05_printer_properties_security.png

0 Kudos
mbosecke Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 17 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Changing the USB cable was the solution for me; thanks for posting it.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation