Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I'm attempting to configure printer model P2055DN.  When I press "Ok" no menu comes up.  It just says "Ready".  I attempted to NVRAM reset the print by turning it off and holding Up and Cancel at the same time.  It don't system reset or if I hold it for > 20 seconds it won't NVRAM reset.  I believe someone has recently has gotten into the configuration of the printer and I'd like to reset the printer back to default settings.  Any advice is much appreciated.  Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I just want to note the following don't do an NVRAM reset for me,

NVRAM initialization (HP LaserJet P2050 Series Printers only)
CAUTION: Only perform the following procedure if absolutely necessary. Performing an NVRAM
initialization resets some parameters that cannot be restored later.
NVRAM initialization does the following:
:indifferent:
Resets all customer-accessible menu settings via the control panel and software back to the factory
default settings
Resets the language to the value set at the factory or through the generic product prompts
Resets the default media size to cold reset media size
Resets the symbol set to PC-8
Use the following procedure to perform an NVRAM initialization.
1. Turn the product off.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the up arrow and Cancel button .
3. Turn on the product.
4. When the message Permanent storage init displays, release the buttons. When the NVRAM
initialization is completed, the product goes to a Ready state.

HP Recommended

Did you fix this yet ??

If not:

When you turn it on, wait til it is saying 'H.P' - then press and hold the Down & cancel.....count to 5 and release the keys...it will do the rest.

That should do your NVRAM INIT>>

HP Recommended

I hooked up a packet sniffer to it on a local hub and found that it was running DHCP.  Managed to setup a dhcp server and login the the web interface off of the printer.  I thought I tried down and cancel when it turned on.  I'll try it with HP on the printer next time it acts up.  Right now it is back in the lab and working so no point to fuss with it.  Still menu's don't come up on the device.  Not really sure how those got disabled?  Any ideas there?

HP Recommended

By Device I presume you mean the 'sniffer'....No. sorry ..Sounds like you need your 'help desk' for that....

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.