Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LASERJET P3005DN
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a P3005DN with a persistent 52.00 error. I have followed the steps listed in the service manual:

1. Verify that the scanner motor connector
and the ribbon cable from the ECU are
firmly seated on the laser/scanner
assembly.

2. Verify that the scanner motor connector
is firmly seated in connector J402 on the
ECU. You might have to remove the
main cooling fan to see this connection.

3. Verify that the ribbon cable installed in
connector J403 on the ECU is fully
seated. (See Figure 6-9 ECU wiring
on page 195.) You must remove the
ECU in order to verify this connection.

4. If the message persists, replace the
laser/scanner assembly.

I've also replaced the formatter PCB. Any ideas/help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here it is......I put the original scanner, ECU and formatter PCB into the original printer with the 52.00 error.......I installed the HVPS from the working printer and the original printer now prints. I put the HVPS from the error printer into the working printer and it now has a 52.00 error...... Will order a HVPS and have a spare formatter, ECU and scanner for the next time. Thank you all for your help!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
You say you also replace the formatter does that mean you replaced the laser scanner to?

The error mentions the ECU which is the engine control unit also called the power supply that would be the next thing to replace after the laser scanner.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

Yes, as in step 4 from the service manual, I did replaced the scanner. I installed the formatter PCB because I had one on hand for another. I will try to purchase a ECU and install it. I will keep posted on how it works out. Thank you.

HP Recommended
That should be a little more complicated than the other two things were.

If in doubt a step you can post a question back to this thread.

To get my attention more quickly put my user id in the post with an at sign in front of it, then I get a notification that my name was mentioned.

HP Recommended

OK, will do. Thank you very much for the time and help.

HP Recommended

I just want to confirm you replaced the laser/scanner assembly and did not just check the connections.  Anytime I have had this error on this series it was always the assembly itself that needed replacement.  Also one thing I would try before replacing anything else is to try another toner cartirdge.  I have seen instances on hp laserjets were a defective toner cartridge can cause a laser error.  Usually it is a beam detect error and not a motor error, but try one anyway if you have one.

HP Recommended

@davidzuts wrote:

I just want to confirm you replaced the laser/scanner assembly and did not just check the connections.  Anytime I have had this error on this series it was always the assembly itself that needed replacement.  Also one thing I would try before replacing anything else is to try another toner cartirdge.  I have seen instances on hp laserjets were a defective toner cartridge can cause a laser error.  Usually it is a beam detect error and not a motor error, but try one anyway if you have one.

Yes I did. Please see post 01-20-2016 06:17 AM - edited ‎01-20-2016 06:19 AM

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Did you try another toner cartridge.  This was posted on tech site by hp for M3027 which has the same engine.  Look at the first item.

52.00 Error

Description

A laser/scanner motor error has occurred. Laser/scanner motor rotation is verified at the initialization of a print job.

Recommended action

1. Try a different or new toner cartridge.

2. Verify that the laser/scanner motor connector and the ribbon cable from the ECU are firmly seated on the laser/ scanner assembly.

3. Verify that the laser/scanner motor connector is firmly seated in connector J402 on the ECU. You might have to remove the main cooling fan to see this connection.

4. Verify that the ribbon cable installed in connector J403 on the ECU is fully seated. You must remove the ECU in order to verify this connection.

5. If, after checking the cables, the message persists, replace the laser/ scanner.

6. If, after replacing the laser/scanner, the message persists, replace the ECU.

HP Recommended

OK, I finely got an ECU that works (I installed the 1st one and it gave 55.0 error) installed the 2nd one and I still get the 52.00 error. I now have an other P3005dn from an other department. This one works. I will swapp out the HVPS from the working printer to the 52.00 error one.

HP Recommended

Here it is......I put the original scanner, ECU and formatter PCB into the original printer with the 52.00 error.......I installed the HVPS from the working printer and the original printer now prints. I put the HVPS from the error printer into the working printer and it now has a 52.00 error...... Will order a HVPS and have a spare formatter, ECU and scanner for the next time. Thank you all for your help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.