Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PAPER KEEPS JAMMING IN MY HP OFFICEJET PRO 6830

HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 6830

I have checked for any loose scraps of paper...nothing.  the paper will enter the ADF but then gets stuck at the very end before coming out....scrunching up the paper and then jamming.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
3,446 3,272 245 416
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @BETHQ

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are getting a paper jam when feeding documents through the printers Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). I would like to help. 

I have posted all the ADF sections from the HP Officejet Printers - A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays document. You mentioned that you have already checked for paper and found none. It would not hurt to use the link and view the entire document. It may show an area that you may not have checked.  

Solution three: Clean the paper feed rollers

Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Use the following steps to clean the rollers inside the printer and the ADF, and then print a Printer Status Report.
Before you begin to clean the rollers, gather the following materials:
  • A long, lint-free cotton swab
  • A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that does not come apart or leave fibers
  • Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the printer)
Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer, and then unplug the power cord from the power source or electrical outlet.
Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the rear of the printer, if you have a cable connection to the printer.
Follow these steps to clean the rollers in the ADF to remove dust, paper fiber, and other debris that might accumulate on the rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues.
  1. Lift the top cover of the ADF. This provides easy access to the rollers and separator pad.
    Figure : Lift the ADF cover
  2. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.
  3. Press the cloth against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
    Figure : Clean the rollers and separator pad
  4. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).
  5. Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends.
    Figure : Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends
    Image: Close the ADF cover tightly at both ends
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then reconnect the USB or Ethernet cable if you had either connected.
  7. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.
  8. Touch  OK to clear any messages on the printer control panel.

If this resolves your issues please click Accepted Solutions so that other people with the same issue can find this easily. 

If the issue is not resolved or you have any questions please let me know.

If you would like to say thanks, feel free to click Kudos. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation