Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 1515
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My Hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 was working for last 1.5years.

Recently, it shows printer offline. I tried updating driver from HP website but not successful. Tried updating my USB drivers, too, was not successful.

Going through the installation routine, when ask to connect the USB connection, I noticed there isn't any connection sound but only when disconnecting the USB cable.

Strangely however, when I connect a friend's non HP brand, the printer works just fine.

Thank you, any assistance appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@zoldean

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the PC does not recognize printer USB connection,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you check if the USB port on your HP PC is working? Perhaps, try with an alternate device to check if the port is functional.

Since the printer works on another device, its confirmed that the issue isn't within the printer but the computer.

If you have issue with the port, try this link for diagnosis: Click here to Troubleshoot USB issues.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher.

Thank you for the offered possible solutions to my current situation.

Yes, I agree that it is not the problem with the printer but possibly a port(s) issue.

I have selected the following steps as suggested in :Troubleshoot USB Issues : USB device not detected by Windows 7 (no device name in Device Manager) - Possible power requirement...

All ports seem normal with power required did not exceed power available (500mA). In fact, I have disconnected all USB devices safe the keyboard and mouse. 

SItuation remains status quo, i.e., pc does not recognised the printer vide any usb ports tried (4 of 6 ports)

What next? I am short of disabling USB Legacy support but could not do so, anyway, as my mouse is not running on PS2 port.

I have even tried updating the driver's software for each port..

Still a no-go for the printer...

😞

HP Recommended

@zoldean

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

When was the last time it worked? perhaps you could do a system restore?

That said, You could install the latest drivers for your printer on the HP Website or alternatively make use of the windows built-in drivers: Click here to know more.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for response on 05/15/2017.

To answer your suggestions, 

When was the last time it worked? perhaps you could do a system restore?

Unfortunately, I could not remember but I did try to do system restore to earlier times but not successful!

Even 2nd suggestion of 

....install the latest drivers for your printer on the HP Website or alternatively make use of the windows built-in drivers: Click here to know more.  - did not yield anything positive..

Any other suggestions that I could work on?

Thank you for assisting

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.