Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon,

I am writing here because we are having an issue to print out documents containing images, and keep getting the same error with our HP color Laserjet 4600n (model no. C9692A)

"PCL XL error

Subsystem:       IMAGE

Error :                  ExtraData

Operator :          ReadImage

Position :            XX"

After some research, I tought that it was linked with the drivers : that the PCL 6 was causing issues, and that I had to try using PCL 5 or PS. I did so, but it did not help :

- PCL 5 gave the same result

- PS prints a part of the document, before printing out a second page with the following error :

"ERROR : undefined

OFFENDING COMMAND: -p

STACK:"

I could not find any other instructions regarding this problem. It really seems to be linked with the size or/and format of file we are trying to print : it is impossible to do through Word, but I could print it after having it transformed in .PDF or .XPS.

All the other functions of the printer are working perfectly, It would really surprise me that the printer is broken. I already tried submitting a ticket to HP, through the official way, but our serial number is not accepted by your tool.

I have lost so much time on this already, does anybody have any insight regarding this?

Forgot to mention that we work under Windows 8!

Looking forward to your answer, thanking you all in advance.

G. W.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.