Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aharville Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCL XL Error

I have an HP 4250 printer attached to a network and used as a network printer.

Everytime I send a job to print, the printer will not start until I press the manual feed button.  Then it will print but will give me an extra page with the following error.

PCL XL error

Warning: IllegalMediaSource

How do I fix when I run it from an XP computer.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3562 281 555
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PCL XL Error

The MediaSource attribute within PCL XL is a coded identifier for the required source paper (media) tray.

The IllegalMediaSource warning indicates that "The value for MediaSource is out of range for the current device or device configuration".

This perhaps implies one or more of the following:

• An unavailable paper tray has been selected via the Print Properties or Preferences dialogue.
  • The wrong printer driver is being used.
  • There is a fault in the printer driver. 
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation