Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

Update the firmware on the printer, and let me know if you have the same issue?

HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi,

What versions of windows is everyone that is experiencing this problem using? Windows 7 32bit? etc..? Does restarting the printer fix the issue?

Thanks

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

I have windows 7 64 bit. I just ran into this problem today and looking on this forum, it seems to be a common issue. Is the Firmware update supposed to fix this issue? I just purchased this printer a month ago.

HP Recommended

I am using Windows 7, 64bit. I have tried restarting printer numerous times to no affect and previously queued documents continue to resume printing out as the error instead.

Uninstalling the printer does 'fix' the problem somewhat in that it clears the print queue so that normal printing can resume, however uninstalling does not prevent the problem from reoccurring.

My Windows, HP and all other software are completely up-to-date.

The laptop used was less than one day old with no problems.

Apart from this specific error, there does not appear to be any other types of errors logged.

I have updated the firmware as previously suggested and this does not resolve the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

How do you have the printer connected to your computer?

Do you have the same issue when you have it connected USB?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi I have attached a document. If you are seeing this issue if you could follow the instructions to create a PRN (print ready file). These instructions create that file through the print driver. You can private message me the file if you like or post on the page. I would like to take that file and have our print experts see if we can do.

Thanks!!

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

you can go to the printer's printing preference by right clicking on the printer's icon. then under printing preference click on advanced tab. here you will get an option called print data optimization. change it from auto to optimize for texts and vectors and then click on apply and ok. reboot the printer and then try printing.......

lemme know whether this helps or not.

HP Recommended

Hi, I do not have the option you are referring to, I have Advanced printing features Enable/disable & Print Optimizations Enable/Disable ... none fixed the problem.

I have tried re-installing the driver, same issue.

Please help, has anyone managed to fix this issue? This printer is giving me a hard time more than another 50 Ricoh/Xerox printers i have in my domain !!

HP Recommended

HI

Here are 2 options for you to try with this printer:

1. Uncheck the box "Enable bidriectional print" on the port tab of printer properties. 

Go to Devices/Printer folder - right click on printer - in pull down menu, right click on printer properties

OR

2. Change your tcp/ip port to hp standard tcp/ip port

Go to Devices/Printer folder - right click on printer - in pull down menu, right click on printer properties - go to your port tab - scroll down and choose hp standard tcp/ip port

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Does this happen very frequent? restarting your printer should fix this, but after you do so are you consistently encountering it?

Thanks

I am an HP Employee.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.