cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Deecy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

PCL XL error

HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro CM1415
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

My printer has suddenly stopped printing documents and instead gives me the following printed message:

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: Text

Error: Internal Error 0x50

File name: cheettext:c

Line number: 710

I don't know what to do to fix it!  I have tried one hint I saw on the internet - to change the printer preferences to "optimize for text and vector" -- it didn't work.  Any ideas of what would cause this problem and how to solve it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The easy solution is to change the driver from pcl6 to postscript or pcl5.  This error only occurs when using pcl6.

Deecy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much!  Simple solutions are the BEST.

0 Kudos
Eddie7450
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do you fix PCL XL error

0 Kudos
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,121 558 1,025
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you bother to read the solution.  I gave it in my post and the original poster has it reposted in his post.  Sometimes you have to read to get the solution.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation