Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was looking on the  HP website, as well as many others, to see if there was a solution to my problem that my PDF files were printing so very slow.  I also requested tech support to see if things could be speeded up. I discovered that there were many postings of the same problem with the same solution of going into Acrobat program.  That did not work for me.  

After all else failed, I began to try what I could think of to correct the problem!  I MADE IT! I discovered that my default was the network printer.  When I went to print I changed the setting to the same printer without the net work designation.  Now I can print PDF files as fast as other files as long as I change the printer selected to the non-default printer.

If you are still having problems printing PDF files, try changing the printer designation.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GN-goat

Please try

1. Open a PDF file.
2. From the menu, select File > Print.
3. From the dialog displayed, click on the Advanced button at the bottom.
4. On the Advanced Print Setup dialog, make sure that “Let printer determine colors” is CHECKED.
5. Click OK and OK to print the document.

Some PDF files may generate many more commands, make big files  and can take forever to print.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I guess I didn't make it clear, but I have tried the suggested approach of doing the "print" route through a PDF doc.  It didn't work in my case.  Since that seems to be the preferred recommendation which didn't work for some, at least changing the printer designation in the print menu got me where I needed to go.  This is an alternate approach.  Thanks for the reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.