Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer keeps giving "out of paper" message and there is plenty of paper in the tray.  Tried "doctor" and went through all of the step including cleaning rollers.  No help.  Looking into the paper area I see a plastic piece on the right come down when the print command is given.  The rollers on this piece do not move and no paper is advanced. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there!
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well @PJC,

I saw your post about the "Out of Paper" issue you are facing with your Photosmart 7520 and wanted to reply with the troubleshooting steps for this issue. Check out the link below, and if the steps do not fix the problem, contact HP to discuss replacing the printer.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up"

to say thanks for my help.

Have a wonderful day:D

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're

located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the

bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with

your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone

number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestions.  When I contacted the link all Josh could do was tell me that I had to purchase a new printer.  Guess I was out of luck.  The printer wasn't that old and didn't get that much wear.  So I'm not thrilled with the product.

HP Recommended

I have a 6520 with the same problem.  I've tried everything.  This @@@@@@ thing has always had a problem with photo tray 'feeding', but today I found that it is useless when it comes to index cards.  I've given up.  Pen and pencils, the real solution!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.