cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Terri
Level 3
35 33 1 18
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

PHOTOSMART C7280 STOPPED RESPONDING

MY PRINTER STOPPED RESPONDING AFTER PRINTING 2 PAGES. THE DISPLAY STILL READ (NOW PRINTING) I TRIED TO CANCEL BUT NO RESPONSE, TRIED TO TURN OFF WITH POWER BUTTON STILL NO RESPONSE.  I AM RUNNING WINDOWS VISTA, PRINTER CONNECTION IS WIRELESS AND PLUGGED INTO A SURGE PROTECTOR. THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET IT BACK IS TO UNPLUG FROM WALL.  ANY ONE HAVE IDEAS????
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Brent
Level 3
67 67 2 4
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Not very often but on occasion, a power or surge power supply is not supplying enough voltage to the printer.

Disconnect the C7280 from your network/usb connection.

Plug the power adapter directly to a wall outlet.

Use the printer standalone and see if it can do a copy or two.

If yes, try reconnecting to computer/network and try again. If the problem continues, contact tech support.

Terri
Level 3
35 33 1 18
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

ok, I am giving this a try, is working fine for now.  :generic: Not real comfortable with having it plugged into the wall direct. Maybe my surge protector is not the best one to have, can you recommend one that can hold at least 6 devices???  Thank You
0 Kudos
frprinterwiz
Level 6
396 391 24 71
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

If you are plugging 5 other devices in with your printer on a surge protector/power bar, no wonder your printer locked up.  The printer has an internal fuse that helps to prevent damage from sudden surges and drops in power supply (sort of like a very limited surge protector).  Plugging the printer straight into the wall is the recommended method to power the printer.
insert signature here
0 Kudos
Terri
Level 3
35 33 1 18
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I wasn't aware it had an internal fuse for protection. Thank You
0 Kudos
pradeep
Level 5
150 149 14 37
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi Terri, since your issue is resolved I suggest you to make this thread as solved so that others can benefit from your post.
0 Kudos
Terri
Level 3
35 33 1 18
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I will make solved when I am sure it is.  There was a week between the 2 times it stopped responding. So far so good, I have my fingers crossed that it continues to work.  Thanks much.
0 Kudos
bobbq
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did this suggestion finally solve your problem after these past 14 months?  I'm having the same problem with loch-ups on our C7280.  I don't understand how by-passing the surge protector would solve the problem.  If the surge protector was designed to handle 8 components, it should have no problem providing sufficient power for all 8 components.  Plus, why would the printer successfully wake up from sleep mode and successfully print at times?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation