Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP2025
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I have installed  HP Color LaserJet CP2025 to windows server 2008 r2 64 bit as in printer server then shared to network.

While user printing some files from their computer printer getting " @PJL SET JOBATTR="Username"  @PJL SET JOBATTR="JobAcct9=" @PJL SET RET=ON " as an extra page 

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

AOT

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Those lines are Printer Job Language commands, which should be interpreted, rather than being printed.

The fact that they are being printed implies one of several things:

• The printer does not support PJL - unlikely (but I don't know for certain).
  • The commands are not preceded by the required Universal Exit Language escape sequence (<Esc>%-12345X, where <Esc> represents the non-graphic Escape control-code character, the character with decimal code 27, or hexadecimal 1B); this would imply a driver fault.
  • The UEL is present, but something betweeen the driver and printer is removing or corrupting it.

A quick check would be to print a sample job (which you know exhibits the problem), but select the 'print to file' option in the Print dialogue.

This will cause the generated print job to be captured in a nominated .prn file.

Examine the file to check that the PJL commands are preceded by a valid UEL sequence - you'll need a hexadecimal editor (or similar) to check the Escape character byte has the correct value.  

HP Recommended

From where i can edit the hexadecimal, can you please tell me more clarification to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

AOT

HP Recommended

Editing the capture file is not going to resolve the problem (other than checking that with correct job initialisation data, sending the content to the printer causes it to process (rather than print) the PJL commands) - looking at the file is just trying to determine if it is a driver problem, or something else.

If it is a driver problem (i.e. the content of the file does not start with hexadecimal 1B 25 2D 31 32 33 34 35 before the first @PJL command), then your only option is to use a different (corrected) driver.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.