Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,228 Views)

PRINTER RESPONSE TIME IS VERY SLOW (IT TAKES 1-MINUTE & 20 SECONDS TO START PRINTING WLE43

0 Kudos
Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (1,217 Views)

Re: PRINTER RESPONSE TIME IS VERY SLOW (IT TAKES 1-MINUTE & 20 SECONDS TO START PRINTING WLE43

I have the same issue.

along with having to hold the power OFF for an inordinate amount of time to get the "thing" to shut down.

AND, it's TOO QUIET. I have to get up and go look at the printer to see if it's doing anything at all.

Ink cartridges are OUTRAGEOUSLY priced. Stupid Me. I neglected to see how much it would cost to operate this unit. IF I had checked, I would have bought a different printer (Epson). So now I'm stuck with a new out of ink printer after 2 days of use. Over $40USD to print 200 pages (IF I'm that lucky).

There is NO setting to ignore color out notices to continue printing in B/W, so once one of the color segments runs out, the whole printer is useless.

So now I have a scanner and still need a printer.

Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,093 Views)

Re: PRINTER RESPONSE & PRINTING TIME EXTREMELY SLOW

Recently my HP OfficeJet 5510 All-in-One is having a problem after 6 yrs of good service.

When I ask it to print a doc, it takes a long time to start, and then prints about 1 line every 30 seconds.

All connections to PC are ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation