Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
7520 HP PRINTER
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

ON MAY 30 2017 I WAS PRINTING OUT BLACK DOCUMENTS JUST FIND,  BUT THEN MY PRINTER STOPED  TAKING MY

PRINTERS TYPE > 7520  IN THE PRINTER BOX AN ORDER TO PRINT OUT  

SO THEN I REINSTALLED THE HP 7520 2012 MODEL PRINTER I HAVE ,  BUT I THINK THAT TURNED OUT TO BE A BIG

MISSTAKE  BECAUSE IT SOME HOW UP DATED IT SELF AND NOW MY PRINTER IS DEMANDING THAT I NEED A YELLOW

CARRAGE  IN ORDER FOR ME TO PROCEED WITH  THE REST OF ALL MY OTHER PRINT OUTS .  

I HAVE NEVER USED COLOR IN ANY PRINT OUT FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS AND I NEVER WANT TO ANYWAY ,  BECAUSE

I ONLY WANT ONE BLACK PRINTERS CARRAGE  TO PRINT FOR THE LAST 6 YEARS .

MY DUM PRINTER NOW WANTS ME TO DRIVE OUT TO A STORE THAT'S CLOSED ON THIS HOLIDAY AND

SPEND  MONEY ON SOMETHING I NEVER WANT TO USE AND NEVER HAVE USED IN COLOR .

IT HAPPENED AT THE WORST TIME IN MY LIFE BECAUSE THESE WERE INPORTANT DOCTORS MED RECORDS

THAT I SO NEEDED TO MAIL OUT TO THE HOSPITAL AND NOW I CANT EVEN GO TO A PRINT SHOP  BECAUSE

EVERY THING IS CLOSED TODAY .

I WANT TO NEVER BUY ANYTHING FORM H.P. EVER AGAIN .  

IT'S ALL A BIG RIPP OFF

[personal information removed]

PLEASE HELP

THINK YOU

FROM JOHNSON

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TIREDOFHP3,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print in black from your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer as the yellow cartridge is empty.

This issue has occurred because this printer will use the color ink even if you do not print in color to maintain the grayish tinge on the black print. Hence, it was using a very small amount of color possibly yellow. 

Since the cartridges are installed directly on the printhead, the printhead will not start printing unless all the cartridges have minimum levels of ink.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.