Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
PSC 1315
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A HP PSC 1315 printer is printing blank pages whenever I try to print anything. There is enough ink, and I don't get any error messages. I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling the printer drivers, and this didn't fix the problem. The operating system is Windows 10, 64-bit. Are there any settings that I should change?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tarasovdv1,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that your HP PSC 1315 All-in-One Printer is printing blank pages even if there is ink in the cartridges.

This issue could occur if the nozzles of the cartridges are blocked.

Don't worry as I have a few steps that should help fix this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues

Let me know how that works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

No. Not long ago, the printer was printing test pages (and nothing else, no matter what was sent to the printer) very well. Then someone did something to its settigns (I wasn't present) and since then, the printing of test pages has stopped. So, this is a settings or software issue, not one having to do with ink. Could it be a settings issue after all, something like what is described here? (That forum is about Linux; how do I access those settings with Windows 10)?

HP Recommended

@tarasovdv1

Thanks for the reply.

It seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to contact HP phone support for assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Again, like I said, the printer apparently printed test pages (and nothing but test pages; maybe the print queue was full of them?) well; there were no problems with ink supply. Then someone did something to settings (I wasn't present, so I don't know what they did, or even if they did something to the printer's settings or the computer's), and it stopped printing the test pages, too. In other words, this was caused by someone tinkering with the software. I don't believe that the ink cartridges could all have become clogged up at precisely the same time. 

HP Recommended

Hi@tarasovdv1

Thank you for the reply.

If you are experiencing problems with printing, print a Self-Test Report before you replace the print cartridges, Please follow the following document and check if the self-test page prints fine: http://hp.care/2jVc1EY

(Refer page number: 29)

If the test page is not good, I recommend you to contact phone support for available service options.Use the link below to get in touch with them.

Technical support link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Keep me posted, cheers:)

If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a "Kudos" and also please mark it as “Accepted Solution” if this helps.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.