cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jimpres Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 1 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

I had a paper jam and then cleared the paper from the printer. Now evey time I turn the printer "on" it picks up the top paper from the tray runs it about 1/2 to 3/4 thru the paper feed and then displays message "paper jam clear paper and then press OK". When I do that it simply picks up the next paper off the tray and does the message again. If is simply push the OK button on the printer it will simply finish the ejection and then pick up the next paper from the tray. I have examined the interior of the printer for paper scaps or any other obivous sign of trouble(dirty drive wheels missing rollers broken springs ect) and can not see anything unusual. I can not print a test print because of the paper jam message. I am running windows 7 and the printer has been working fine for several  months (until the jam). This is not the first jam but I was able to clear the previous jams and keep using the printer. I did all the steps of the HP fix it site including claean rollers, plug and un plug, leave unluged, carriage travel OK and more. Don't know what to do now...........Thanks

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Teacher
Teacher
112 112 2 5
Message 2 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Check the following information........

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Paper-Jam-Error/m-p/305772#M20513

Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
jimpres Tutor
Tutor
6 4 1 0
Message 3 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

I am unable to do any test reports. All I can do is turn on the printer.The printer then immediately picks up the top piece of paper from the tray and runs it  3/4 of the way thru the printer (I can see the paper comming out the front of the printer-but not all the way). The printer then stops and displays "paper jam" on the display. I recheck the printer for  jmmed  paper and find none. I then press the OK button and the paper that is 3/4 of the way thru the printer self ejects and then it immediately picks up another paper and does the same thing over and over again. It does this when it is hooked to the computer by USB or just simply plugged in the wall  110V outlet plug.

0 Kudos
kprjab Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Hey, did you ever figure out your paper jam issue on you PSC 1610 printer?  I'm having the same problem.  What did you end up doing?  I re-posted your message because it was worded exactly on what was happening.  Any help you can give me would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
foursy2z Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Hi there,

I have the SAME problem. It's crazy that there seems to be many of us with the same problem but there doesn't seem to be an answer. Is there anyone out there who can HELP?

Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,262 4,858 300 929
Message 6 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Hello foursy2z

Please try the following article it may help resolve your issue.

Paper Jam Error

You may also want to try this other article. Usually it can occur alongside a Paper Jam.

Carriage Jam

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
0 Kudos
RichRobo Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 7 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

I have the same problem. It started occurring after I changed out my Airport Extreme for a Time Capsule. The printer is connected through the Time Capsule the same way it was connected through the Airport Extreme. I have deleted the printer, and re-added (twice), and it shows that it is connected through the Time Capsule. If I go to the Help menu, and select any of the options, I get an error: "No Connection. Turn on or connect computer or install/run device software. Press OK to continue."

When I connect the printer directly to the iMac, I get the same error message about "No Connection."

I am running OS X 10.7.4, and I just updated the printer drivers to the latest from Apple "Software Update..." in the Apple menu.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,262 4,858 300 929
Message 8 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Hello RichRobo

Is the printer connected wirelessly, through an ethernet cable, or USB? Did you re-install the printer when you directory connected it to the iMac? Do you receive the "No Connection" error when print and scanning?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

0 Kudos
RichRobo Honor Student
Honor Student
4 4 0 0
Message 9 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

The PSC 1610 is connected to the Time Capsule via USB connection (not wireless).  I deleted and re-added the printer several times -- both when connected directly to the iMac and via the Time Capsule.

I received the "no connection" error on the printer both when connected directly to the iMac and via the Time Capsule.

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,262 4,858 300 929
Message 10 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 1610 After paper jam

Hello RichRobo

What happens if you connect the printer to the Time Capsule through ethernet or wifi? I also find an article that covers scanning problems when using a wifi to ethernet infrastructure. While it may not be exactly your situation I would suggest following it for troubleshooting.

Mac OS X: Scanning Fails in a Wi-Fi to Ethernet Infrastructure Connection with Apple Time Capsule or...

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation