Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,681 Views)
Accepted Solution

PSC 2110 error message: 'Remove and check cartridge'

I've had a PSC 2110 all-in-one for several years with flawless service when it suddenly showed 3 flashing green lights and displays the error message: "Remove and check cartridge."

I have searched far and wide for this error message but cannot find out what it means or how to clear it.

The cartridges feel "heavy" indicating that they are not empty.  The print quality of black and color was normal.

I removed and cleaned both cartridges. The flashing lights and error message remain.

Anyone know what this error message means and how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: PSC 2110 error message: 'Remove and check cartridge'

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]

Try removing the offending cartridge and cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown in Figure 7 of the document here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Note:  HP support will NOT send you an email suggesting that it is hard to provide assistance in the community and that you should call a support number (possibly with listings for US/Canada, UK and Australia).  These are fraudlent and NOT associated with HP Support. Please post here if you receive such an email.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,654 Views)

What Bob suggested help me determine that one or both cartridges are bad. Replacement ones are $64. A new Canon wireless all-in-one is $70. With starter cartridges of course. So I have bought a Samsung wireless laser printer to have something. I'll figure out the copy/scan part later. Thanks for your assistance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation