cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tomco3 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PSC 2175 All in One Printer "Remove and Check Cartridge" error message

My printer was perfectly good through thousands of pages of printing until today. As it began anothern boring B/W print job, it stopped and started blinking the "Copy" "Scan" "Photo Card" lights and the LCD said "Remove and Replace Cartridge".

I've been on a number of "how to fix" forums and nothing has changed this printers mind about it's condition. NO amount of cartridge cleaning, changing, cold re-starts or button pushing results in a fix.

Anyone have a master plan?

Thnx

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
5,706 5,367 360 988
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would suggest doing a hard reset on the printer.

Hard Reset:

Take out the toner/cartridges

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Wait 30 sec

Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall (Make sure the printer is plugged into the wall and not a surge protector)

Insert the toner/cartridges back into the printer

Let me know the outcome

0 Kudos
tomco3 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I have been on vacation and out of touch and was delighted to find your suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. Not even a tiny bit. "Remove and Check Cartridges" rules the day.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation