cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Csabap
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Pagewide pro 477dw cannot scan to computer on Mac OS

HP Recommended
Pagewide Pro 477dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Since the upgrade from El CApitan to Sierra, the scan to computer function doesn't work from the printer. I can still scan from the computer. In HP Utility App, the scan to computer function cannot be enabled, in error msg it says that software is missing. HP Support also gave up...

Any idea on this?

4 REPLIES 4
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
32,610 32,189 5,529 13,025
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Officially no full feature software is available for Sierra yet.

You should be able to scan from your Mac using the existing El Capitan drivers, but you'll likely experience issues with scanning from the front panel.

I suggest allowing some time and follow the HP Site for an updated drivers, for now scan from the software on your Mac, it usually take some times till the drivers become fully available..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Csabap
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Not so simple. I can only scan from the EWS, like: go to scanner and insert doc, then go to computer and start scan, then go back to scanner to remove docs. The scan to network folder also wouldn't work, because when I need to specify network path in EWS, and to do so, I drag the target folder to the corresponding filed in EWS (to copy the full path) the EWS says it is incorrect. I believe that the EWS on Mac simply cannot handle MacOS file structures...

Any idea? or I just need to run back and forth between the Mac and the HP MFP?

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

You should be able to scan from your Mac using the existing El Capitan drivers, but you'll likely experience issues with scanning from the front panel.

I suggest allowing some time and follow the HP Site for an updated drivers, for now scan from the software on your Mac, it usually take some times till the drivers become fully available..

Csabap
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

More issues with scan:

I tried to activat Scan to Network Folder on the EWS. If I try to drag the target folder to the Netqork Path field on EWS, it says that the path is not correct. Looks that it wants a Windows kind path (\\Computer\User\Folder), while on Mac, it is rather like /Users/ActualUser/Desktop/TargetFolder. In this form, the EWS (where you can't browse for some stupid reason), says it is not valid. If I change the format to \\UsersActualUser\Desktop\TargetFolder, the EWS is happy and accepts it, but if I try to scan from the scanner console's scan to network folder icon, it is obviously stucks, as the network path is not valid.

Any idea on this?

Shall I send back this crap to HP to buy it back as it was sold as Mac compatibel device?

Or did I make a mistake?

best regards,

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

Malks
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just purchased this printer and now reading this post am wondering if there is a driver yet to allow the scan to computer function on Sierra? If not, how can I ship back and get a new printer?

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation