Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 10 (11,266 Views)

Pairing code

How do I get a pairing code for a Photosmart C4580 wireless printer?

0 Kudos
Professor
Message 2 of 10 (11,226 Views)

Re: Pairing code

Hi,

What do you exactly need, cause a pairing code is ussually something for bluetooth. If you are talking about a security code from your network or something like that please let me know.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
Message 3 of 10 (11,209 Views)

When I try to pair my laptop to the printer it ask for a pairing code. This is not through bluetooth.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 10 (11,207 Views)

I have the same problem with an P1102w.  It was when I was trying to get the printer onto my local wireless network through windows 7 after the network identified the device. It says that entering this code will verify that I am connecting to the correct device.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 10 (11,206 Views)

After 2 weeks I finally got my P1102w working.  Couldn't find the pairing number and gave up.

I pressed the button on the printer that mades the wireless blue light flash along with the buttong pressed on the wireless network for my home network..by the time I did the below the wireless indicator on the printer was solid blue.

I went to control panel > network and internet > view network and devices > and there was already an icon for my printer but with a 9 digit code in front of it.(I wonder if thats the pairing code, but I didn't need it anyway)

After right clicking on it and looking at its propertiers and website I went back to

start > devices and printers    and there the new icon had appeared, which I then made the default printer and it worked.

The old (useless) icon was still there 2 along with the 2 documents still pending.

I tried a word and web prints and both worked with the new setting as default.

Incidently I tried and tried to get this printer working through USB and wireless direct, only now is it working when I tried putting it on the wireless network. I was going to return it and switch to Brother if it didn't work!

Professor
Message 6 of 10 (11,193 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hmm, i have been doing some reading on the internet and it seems to be related to wps capable routers. There is indeed a method of connection to the network with a code. However your printer does not support that method. So you will need to do it the old fashionwed way most likely. PLease make me a screenshot from the screen that asks for the code and tell me which brand an model router you are using. 

Click HERE if you wanna see how to make a screenshot

The screenshopt can be added by clicking the insert/edit picturebutton  when writing yout reply.

example.JPG

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Student
Message 7 of 10 (9,591 Views)

I need a pairing code for HP Photosmart C5550 All-in-One. Is there a default?

can someone help? tech support, anybody...

Student
Message 8 of 10 (7,967 Views)

I recently got a new laptop which accesses my home network.  We have a shared printer (HP Photosmart Premium 309a) which has worked through the network for a couple of years.  When trying to access the printer on my new laptop, it does not recognize the network option of printing and asks for a pairing code, which I am unable to find.  Any suggestions?

Student
Message 9 of 10 (6,437 Views)

I have a HP office jet 4620 printer. How do I find the pairing code?
Student
Message 10 of 10 (3,263 Views)

I am not techy at all!  I lost my papers that came with my printer in a house fire, they were in a file in the room upstairs that was the only room that was actually on fire, the main fire was in the attic.  SOOOOOOO no papers, I can't find the pairing code on the bottom of my printer unless, Is it titled something other than pairing code?

I have a HP Photosmart C4795 Printer.  I tried to retrieve it from HP but I can't afford their repair service at this time.

Is there anyplace I cango to get this pairing code?  For free or a very minimal cost?

Oh, and if you care, my house was totally gutted and renovated and is actually better than it ever was!

Thanks

Sherry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation