Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 6 (29,263 Views)

Paper Jam Error

I've got a HP Officejet J4680.  The thing will not perform any functions.  There is a 'Paper Jam'  error message displayed on the front panel and the solution center.  I've been through the printer from the paper feed, the inside, the back and the top loader and haven't seen as much as a shred of paper.  Is this a common problem and any ideas?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 6 (29,237 Views)

Re: Paper Jam Error

Here's the solution for a paper jam for your printer. 

I am an HP employee.
Teacher
Message 3 of 6 (29,220 Views)

Hi also you can fix paper jam issue by watching this video, it would be also usleful for you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_tvmpolBA

or you can fix HP Officejet J4680 'Paper Jam', as i also got the same and fix with help of HP carriage jam.

Good Luck

Kevin

Student
Message 4 of 6 (29,206 Views)

The display says Paper Jam but there is no jam.   The paper will not feed through.  We have to open the back and just pull the paper out very easily.   Why doesn't it raise up and print?

Student
Message 5 of 6 (28,782 Views)

I have the same problem and none of these useless videos help. There is no paper whatsoever in the printer, went through it with a fine tooth comb... nothing. The paper jam message window also displays a % kind of symbol. These J4680 printers are garbage, wasted $129 on it. I wish there was a firmware uninstal/install procedure, I am 100% sure its the programing.

Student
Message 6 of 6 (20,709 Views)

I have the HP Photosmart C6180 and there is no paper jam - nothing tore off - no paper but it will not print and continually says there is a paper jam.  Is it fixable?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation