Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (3,710 Views)

Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

Hello!

I have a jam in my hp laserjet c6180 scanner section.

I put a small paper (1/3 of A4 page) there and it's jammed and there is no way I can get it out. It can't be even seen from outside.

I understand how to remove a jam form printing section, but is there any way I can do it with scanning section (how to open it)?

Regards,

Olga

0 Kudos
Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (3,695 Views)

Re: Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

[ Edited ]

Hello itgirl87,

There is a way to open up the auto document feeder to clear out the paper path.  Please try this link to the instructions for clearing the path http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01084508

UScantu

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (1,830 Views)

Re: Paper Jam in Scanner (hp laserjet c6180)

Thank you for this info.  I, too, had scanned a personal check - only to have it get lost in the scanning rollers somewhere.  I had no idea that the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) opened up like that.  To anyone else who has this issue, there is an ADF lid - and it does not open smoothly.  You have to really give it a good pull and voila - it opens (and there was my check).  Thanks again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation