cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GimmerGenie
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Solved!

Partial Printing

HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When printing a photograph, about a third of the image is printed then the paper is ejected and the rest of the image is printed onto the next piece of paper.

I'm using HP Advanced photo paper in landscape mode with maximum dpi or high quality output. Oddly enough I don't seem to have the same problem with plain paper. Anyone got any advice?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @GimmerGenie

I'd be happy to help you print photos to your Officejet 8600. I understand that when you print on plain paper there is no issue, but when you print on photo paper the printer prints about a third of the image on one sheet of photo paper, but then the remainder of the photo prints on a second sheet. What program are you printing from, and have you selected the appropriate paper size in the print dialog box? What size photo paper are you printing on? 

While I wait to hear back from you, please try performing a copy of a photo using the same size and using photo paper to see if the issue occurs when we eliminate the computer/software.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

GimmerGenie
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I'm printing directly from Windows 10 with the following settings:

Orientation: Landscape

Paper size: A4

Photo size: Full page

Fit: Fit page

Colour mode: Colour

Output quality: Maximum dpi

Black and yellow ink levels are almost full but cyan and magenta are almost empty.

Although I mentioned that was able to print successfully on plain paper, since my first post I have realised that this is not always the case.

Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me. So your print size is A4, what is the physical paper size?

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

GimmerGenie
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Paper size is also A4 and I'm connecting wirelessly from my HP Pavilion Laptop. I've just tried printing from Windows Paint and got a full print on plain paper but a partial print on the photo paper.

0 Kudos
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you try performing a copy of a photo using the same size and using photo paper to see if the issue occurs when we eliminate the computer/software? I would like to first isolate the issue and determine the root cause so we know what to focus our troubleshooting efforts on. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

GimmerGenie
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again and thanks for your continued support, it is much appreciated.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand your instruction to perform a copy of a photo using the same size and using photo paper. However, to try to eliminate the software issue I inserted a photo into a Word document and printed that.

As the print progressed, I noticed that two pieces of paper were feeding through, one just ahead of the other. The image was printed as a whole but on two, staggered pieces of paper. Hopefully this is illustrated in the photo below:

DSCF3766_edited (2).jpg

0 Kudos
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. My suggestion was to perform a photo copy using only the printer. You can place a photo on the scanner and press copy on the printer, but that is okay, I see the issue now. It looks like this may be a hardware issue and have nothing to do with the software, or print settings. It looks like either the printer is having difficulty feeding the photo paper properly, or the photo paper itself might be sticking causing 2 sheets to feed through at the same time. 

Do you have new photo paper you can try, paper fresh out of the package perhaps? 

Now that I better understand the issue, I suggest using the following document to troubleshoot the issue: HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printers (N911) - More Than One Page at a Time Feeds through the ....

Thanks for your patience and perseverance. Talk to you soon. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

GimmerGenie
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 2
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Oh dear, how stupid am I? I've never used the photocopy facility and I'd forgotten it existed.

The photo paper is new and fresh out of the packet but it does feel a little sticky so I put a single piece in the tray and the photo printed perfectly!

Thanks very much for your help, we got there in the end!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation