cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
transco
Level 1
16 4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pen clogging problems with the HP 130?

My current wide format printer suffers from frequent pen clogs.  I am sure I am putting more ink in the waste reservoir during cleaning cycles than goes on paper.   I no longer print frequently enough to keep the ink from drying in the pens.  I'm considering purchasing the HP 130r as a replacement.   How is it as far as pen clogging goes?  Can you go a week without printing without the pens clogging?  One advantage of the 130 is that the pens are user replaceable, but that could get very expensive if it has to be done frequently.  Can the pens (jets) be cleaned by removing them and wiping the surface with an alcohol swab?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Level 11
8,714 7,796 283 646
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pen clogging problems with the HP 130?

Hi transco

Is it the HP130 cartridge you have (# C8767)?

If so, this cartridge can be manually cleaned (see Fig 7 here as an example)

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation