cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Persistent Problem Re-installing the C7280 Wireless All in One

HP Recommended

1. Wireless All In One C7280

2. XP Service Pack 3

3. All current updates from Windows

4.1.2g memory

I have been having frustrating, persistent problems re-installing this printer back on this same machine short of a complete recovery of the laptop. (see below) I've had it installed on a small netbook which is a pain to use, I want to use it again on this large laptop.

I have tried everything. Searching the registry for every occurrence of HP, C7200 etc and eliminating them. When the startup disk gives the option of uninstall anything HP is says there is none. Yet everytime I try to re-install the software it says it's already installed all I need to do is add the device. It's not installed, I've deleted every occurence of it. Is there any magic bullet that will yet allow me to re-install the software?  I have the new full download, not the disk install.  If I click on install it starts but then soon reports there is no wireless devices. The printer is only a few feet away. I restored the printer to factory defaults. Still ... no dice.  The printer itself is also not showing visible on the MY NETWORK PLACES, which I think it should.  Blasted ... darn!  ":-\

It is a Toshiba Satellite Tablet, the old tablets not the newer small thins, with the swivel screen. This software has always been a problem off and on. It has worked for quite awhile okay.  But not using it everyday I can't pinpoint any specific problem when it might have started.  Installs have always been a bit touchy.

The printer is great, the software is way to sensitive and hard to get along with.  Thanks in advance for any of your generous time and help!  jackdashack 

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 6
554 554 28 77
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

If you go through the front panel wireless menu to connect using the wireless setup wizard? If not, try that.

There are also some additional steps listed here

Thank you

I was an HP employee.

Kudos are appreciated if I have helped you.
Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lorem_ipsum wrote:

Hello,

If you go through the front panel wireless menu to connect using the wireless setup wizard? If not, try that. There are also some additional steps listed here

Thank you

I just posted a serious reply and clicked post. For some reason it's not appearing on the forum?  A new try with the installation got the printer to show on the network. I can even print to the printer from programs that use the print option. However the installation stalled and timed out and didn't get to the point that Solution Center was installed. You know how much that adds to the funcionality of the C7280. What could I do from here? It's found the printer, it has some functionality as a wireless printer but I can not scan and do all the things that I once could from the laptop. So, is there a way to get Solution Center? Should I try unistalling and reinstalling again?  Advice is much appreciated. jack

I tried writing my signature in this box on the screen but it doesn't seem to work? :v lol
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
554 554 28 77
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is some additional information here. Turning off the background programs will help. You may need to unsintall first.

It is connected to the network so the software will find it. There may be a background program causing the uinstall to stall.

I was an HP employee.

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Lorem_ipsum wrote:

There is some additional information here. Turning off the background programs will help. You may need to unsintall first.

It is connected to the network so the software will find it. There may be a background program causing the uinstall to stall.

At a loss here and giving up for now. The printer is showing on the network. I can print any doc that has a print option. I have tried disabling all the background programs but now when running the full feature setup exe it says there are no wireless printers detected. I even typed in the IP address and still nothing. Checking back in Control Panel the printer is listed as READY. So I am pretty much resigned if I ever want this printer to run with Solution Center I am going to have to do a complete restore. Do you know what that means. It's an old XP tablet with the swivel screen from about 2005 or 2006. All those updates from Windows, Adobe, Java and everything else will take several days. I am planning to buy a new laptop soon but I have read bits here and there that this printer purchased for XP about 3 or 4 years ago is not going to work properly on Windows 7 or 8.  This install has been a big problem even from the beginning when new.  It's makes me want to look to another company for a printer next time. Not that the printer has not done well but many functions are lost without Solution Center. I have it working from a small netbook but that is a pain and most of my heavy work is done on this laptop. I thank you for your help. Seems it would take a great tech with hands on and time to figure this one out.  Thanks!  jack

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 6
554 554 28 77
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should still be able to scan using a third party program like MS Paint, or MS Word. 

There are drivers available for your printer for Windows 7.

I was an HP employee.

Highlighted
Author
Level 3
43 30 3 4
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I never got back to you but I gave up re-installing the printer on the XP machine. I knew I was going to get a new one soon, I have, about a week or more ago. An HP Pavilion AMD Vision A6 All in One.  It has a 3.6 processor so it's fast. I installed the latest C7280 Printer full download exe for Windows 8 and it's working fast fast fast and great. I plan to take the XP machine soon and do a full recover and then just put select programs on it. After all it's at a tender old age of 7 years. 🙂 

Thanks for your help all those above that tried, I can't see them here now but there may have been others.  Hat's off! jack

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation