Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi there,

I just purchased this printer because I heard some good reviews on how it is great for printing photos in a4 size.

I tried it out on the first print and it went well as such below:

IMG_20170522_222143.jpg

However, i tried printing a couple more times and the images turned out like this:

IMG_20170522_222156.jpg

IMG_20170522_222207.jpg

To be honest, it looks like the printer just smeared ink all over the image and it's terrible.

I tried cleaning the catridge via the software and everything, yet it still does this.

It would be great to get help on how to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Josh Wong

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @joshiewoshie, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have print quality issues with your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Check the print settings for your print job when using a Mac computer.
Open a document, click File, and then click Print.
The Print window opens.
Select the Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality menu.
Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
Paper type: If one of the options matches your paper type exactly, select that option.
Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality.
To save your settings for future print jobs, select Save in the Presets menu and then name the new preset.
After checking the print settings, try to print again. 

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.  

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.