Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Photo Printing

HP Recommended

Suddenly I can print photos on plain printer paper, but when printing on photo paper the image looks like a negative.  Using HP photo paper and have also tried other photo paper.  hp photosmart C6380 window XP 32 bit.  Tried printing from Picasa and Adobe photo Elements

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Are you changing the print settings to support the proper paper type? Pages 81-83 of the manual covers the topic of printing photos on photo paper. It covers changind the print settings and Using the maximum DPI (dots per inch). I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes I checked the settings and then printing on photo paper again with the same results. Ten printed on plain paper with good results.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
3,242 3,139 354 625
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Do you have another computer to send the picture over to the printer from? The reason I am asking is to differentiate between whether your problem is software or hardware related. Also, have your tried changing the quality from normal to best? I would also look over this ,a href="http://goo.gl/Ryx41">document here and print and analyze the print quality report. If there are any defects in the report take the steps to remedy the flaws like aligning and cleaning the printhead. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I ahve sent from two other printers on my home network.  Ihave also tried printing from several software programs.  Such as Picasa, adobe, and Magix and from windows with all the same result.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with a 7510.  Seems to occur immediately after toner change.  Tried new pack of photo paper (using Advanced HP), alligning and cleaning to no avail  Happened yesterday as well.  Reseated toner and temporarily resolved until changed cartridges again.  Multiple reseats is not fixing this time.  Thinking it might be a head failure.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some how I do not think it is reading the photo paper any more.  Can not get any help from HP.  I did solve my problem.  I went and bought a CANON, Problem fixed!  Bye Bye HP forever

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As a follow up, I removed all toner cartridges as well as cartridge assembly.  I cleaned all thoroughly noting that the cartridge assembly had a fair amount of toner on the underside.  After cleaning, printed photos normally on photo paper.  Too bad I wasted so much toner and paper (not to mention time) until I figured out this solution.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did clean all mine as you did also.  Completely cleaned everything inside.  Did not help at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I AM GOING TO DO THE SAME BUY A DIFFERENT PRINTER AND SAY TO HP STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. HP IS MAKING A TON OF MONEY RIPPING OFF THE CONSUMER WITH THE HIGH COST OF INK AND THE EXPIRATION DATE THAT FORCES THE CONSUMER TO BUY BUY BUY. 

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation