Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
christophyoung Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 11 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PhotoSmart Plus B209a-m Wifi Issues

Below is a response that helped me with this problem.

Finally, problem solved!  Here's the solution if someone else runs into a similar problem.

Since I discovered the IP address of the printer on my router's webpage, I went into "Print and Fax" from system preferences.  From there I clicked the '+' sign to add a printer.  Nothing shows up in the Default tab.  So, I went to the IP tab.  From there I selected the protocol for the "HP Jetdirect - Socket".  In the Address field I entered the IP address of the printer.  After a few moments the printer was found and the "Print Using" field was automatically filled in with the print driver.  I clicked "Add", and low and behold the printer now shows up in my printer list.

The second rep from HP I was working with had me go through this same series of steps with one exception.  We never set the protocol field.  It was left as the default value of "Line Printer Daemon - LPD".  When this was done, nothing ever showed up.  So, I believe the trick was to change the protocol field as indicated here.

I hope this helps those that are having a similar problem.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
jbberg13 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 12 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

tinuwangiro,

Thanks for the response.  I do have two routers as our home phone runs through a separate router from our main wireless router.  It sounds like I need to temporarily disconnect this router from my network, install the printer, then re-hook the router?  Is it as simple as that or are their other steps I should be aware of?

Thanks.

JB

0 Kudos
kozlowskib Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 13 of 13
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i took my computer from illinois to seattle and back, when i returned, the computer no longer "talks" to my printer.  I don't know how to make them talk to each other now.  I got assistance to set it up, but the person made it where i could only use my printer if I disconnected from the internet.  i need 1,2,3 checklist, type help as i'm NOT computer friendly....can anyone help me?

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation