cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Michael85
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Photoamart 6510 has horizontal lines. Appears to be related to scanning

HP Recommended
Photosmart 6510
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Problem with poor printing appears to be related to scanning.  That is, after scanning a document the problem started.  The printer is old and has never been a problem.  This has happened once and I fixed it but do not remember the details

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Michael85, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your printer prints horizontal lines.

Don't worry I'd love to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

What happens when you make a copy from your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

If you found defects on the print quality diagnostic report, follow these steps to run an automated tool to clean the printhead.
Load plain white paper in the input tray.
From the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon ().
Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Printhead. The printer cleans the printhead and then prints a test page.
Evaluate the print quality on the test page.
If the quality is unacceptable, touch Proceed and then, when prompted to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for each cycle of cleaning, if necessary.
   NOTE:
If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.
If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done and then, continue to the next step to align the printer.
Evaluate the test page to see if the issue is resolved.
If the print quality on the test page is acceptable, touch Done and then continue to the next step to align the printer.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot print quality issues.

Let me know how it goes!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation