Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Printer will not print, scan or copy.  I receive ink system has failed.  unable to copy.  receive faxes, or print.  refer to printer documentation.  error: 0xc18a0001. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found this in a different forum, and this is what worked for me. I am posting it because the waste of time looking for a solution was worth signing up for this forum and hopefully saving others from wasting their time to. 

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:00 AM) reply + / -

I have a HP Photosmart 3210 and am having hte same Ink System failure problem as decribed above.
I can access the "special key combo" menu, although on this printer its accessed buy holding down the "setup" key and the left and right arrows at the same time. 

However inputting 1, 2 and the 3 brings up a different menu that does not display the "system configuration menu"

Instead it brings up "Support R0034"

I have tried numerous other combinations including 

1, 2 and 4 = Underware R0043

1, 2 and 7 = MFG R0043

But none of these can I find any reference to Hardware failure status....

Can anyone help please?????

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:15 AM) reply + / -

I have finally managed to sort out the problem by the looks of things thanks to this forum

In the end i used the following 

hold down the ok, cancel black and colour buttons and turn off the machine holding all buttons down until its shut off, then turn back on and repeat "twice" until the printer resets itself. 

It then runs through a series of maintance cycles until hey presto its cleared!!

That is a result

Forget HP customer support they are usless

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Have you tried these instructions? 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00489814

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes, and it did not fix the problem.  Still getting ink system failure.

HP Recommended

i have completed these instruction 3 times, taken and replaced ink catridges, and reinstalled software.   I have read taking out the battery might reset it.  Will this work?

HP Recommended

Hi Rjwhite,

Try this link:

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/hp-photosmart-3210-ink-system-failure-how-to-fix-it/

there's a special key combo for resetting your printer. I hope it helps.

HP Recommended

How to fix Error Message on 3210 All in One HP Printer-error: 0xc18a0001. 

Thanks, Lance

HP Recommended

@ rlance, sorry that you are having a problem with this error message. 

Here is a link that you can follow to see if this helps. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

Let me know if this helps you. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

I still have the ink system error

HP Recommended

I found this in a different forum, and this is what worked for me. I am posting it because the waste of time looking for a solution was worth signing up for this forum and hopefully saving others from wasting their time to. 

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:00 AM) reply + / -

I have a HP Photosmart 3210 and am having hte same Ink System failure problem as decribed above.
I can access the "special key combo" menu, although on this printer its accessed buy holding down the "setup" key and the left and right arrows at the same time. 

However inputting 1, 2 and the 3 brings up a different menu that does not display the "system configuration menu"

Instead it brings up "Support R0034"

I have tried numerous other combinations including 

1, 2 and 4 = Underware R0043

1, 2 and 7 = MFG R0043

But none of these can I find any reference to Hardware failure status....

Can anyone help please?????

Re: Ink System Failure Solution by jamest601 (9/9/11 4:15 AM) reply + / -

I have finally managed to sort out the problem by the looks of things thanks to this forum

In the end i used the following 

hold down the ok, cancel black and colour buttons and turn off the machine holding all buttons down until its shut off, then turn back on and repeat "twice" until the printer resets itself. 

It then runs through a series of maintance cycles until hey presto its cleared!!

That is a result

Forget HP customer support they are usless
HP Recommended
Thank You so much! This solution worked great. I was ready to buy a new printer so you saved me a bunch of money and a big headache
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.