Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem as listed here with my photosmart 5510.... I have beeen working on my printer for many,many hours , for quite a few days..  I have attempted all suggestions I can find (new cartridges, unistalled and reinstalled the printer, ran HP diagnosic tools, etc,etc) nothing works..the conclusion I am seeing in most,but not all, post is that the printer needs to be replaced ..  It seems to me alot of people are having this problem and, like me, the printer is no longer under warranty..  I have spent $64 + dollars already on ink (not to mention reams of paper) will attempting to fix a printer that is not even 2 years old ..  I find the "solution" posted to cahal81:

cahal81,

Have you tried cleaning the print heads? It should have done that anyways though when you installed the cartridges. The print head in your unit might just be going bad. If so then that is a hardware issue and if you are out of warranty, then you aren't left with many options. If this printer has a replacement print head (some are removable  some are not) you could go that route, but it's not a guarantee that will fix it. Even though I know this computer isn't that old, I hate to say it, but you may have to buy a new one. 

frankley, unacceptable("but you may have to buy a new one") .. I can not speak for "cahal81" but I can speak for myself, I hardly use my printer, and it looks like I am going to need to buy another one   This is the first Helwitt Packard product I have ever purchased  I chose HP for the company's name and reputation however if I need to replace a printer after 1.5years, I may need to re-evaluate this company

HP Recommended

Andrene,

I went ahead and sent you a private message with the steps. I hope they help!

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, i hacve tried every soulution I can finds, changed cartridges and run everyt thinkibal optoin under settings, all the tips above and no, nothing works. What els can I do? 

HP Recommended

Have you also tried the semi-full or partial reset? If so, then it is more than likely a hardware issue and no amount of troubleshooting will resolve the issue. If the printer is still in warranty, I would call HP at 1-800-474-6836 to have it replaced. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have tried to remove the cartridges, power down and revoved power corde as explaind above. Is there any more way? The printer is a litle bit over one year old. 

HP Recommended

I just sent you the steps for the partial and semi-full reset. You can try those and hopefully they will help. If the printer is over a year old, you are out of your factory warranty period, unless you purchased an extended warranty for the printer. 

Signature
HP Recommended

Hi Kyle,

Thank you very much - the semi-full eset worked!!!

Thanks again

Andrene

HP Recommended

Awesome! Glad to hear the steps worked for you!

Have a great weekend,

Kyle

Signature
HP Recommended

I have tried both, nothing works :Crying:

HP Recommended

I also have a HP Photosmart 5510 B111a which seems to have the same problem. S/N {Private Information Removed}

Printer has been great since I bought it last year, yesterday I needed to print something and suddenly the black ink was not appearing on the page. Today I bought a new set of cartridges but the problem still exists!! I have spent the last hour running diagnostics and wasting almost a full set of inks.

Have I wasted £25 on cartridges?!

Any advice?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.