cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
StuRuss Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Photosmart 5510 losing connection

Help

I have tried everything but I have had my Photosmart 5510 for 2 troublefree years and now all of sudden its stopped printing, I turn it off and on and sometimes its prints. I unplug it and have deleted and re- set up te printer but nothing works

I have tried every suggstion on the forum

I am trying run a business and just wasting hours on this

If I cant it sorted I will dump HP and never use them again

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Provost
Provost
20,763 20,455 1,537 3,418
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Have you verified it is actually losing connection from the front panel?  Check the front panel to see if is connected to your SSID.  Let us know.

0 Kudos
StuRuss Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

Yes its says its connected, but says there is no printer connected in the control panle of my PC, when i turned off my PC and then turned it on again , its started printing for two items and he stopped again

Stu

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hummm... still not a lot of data to go on.  Try setting a static IP in the printer outside the DHCP range of the router.  Make sure you are using a fixed wireless channel like 1,6 or 11 never auto.  Use 20 Mhz only or 145Mbps depending on the router. 

Now go back and download and install the newest full featured software and drivers here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5063582

Now try.

0 Kudos
StuRuss Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have no idea what your talking about that is just a load of letters , I am not computer literate

I tried downloading the link, all that did was says type in IP adrress which I did , the printer thad full strenght but nothing

I have decided to smash te printer up as its a piece of junk and NEVER buy HP again

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Printer does not maintain wireless connection.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02817031

Step 6 to set Static IP

You will have to access the router internal web interface to make the other changes.  You will need to download and read the manual for the router. 

0 Kudos
StuRuss Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Your still talking complete nosense to me

Now I have a set up page stuck in the middle of my screen that wont close down
I GIVE UP

I am trying to run a business and cant, wasting so much time , money on paper etc

I am going to buy another printer as I have now found this impossible to work with, you have been no help at all and now I have since found out this is a common problem and no one has ever got it resolved

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired OrnahP
Retired
3,073 2,490 39 93
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation