Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 3 (609 Views)

Photosmart 6510 Incompatible Ink Problem

Weve recently return back to the UK having spent time in the Middle East.  Were we brought a new 6510 printer.

Trying to find ink cartridges has been difficult.  I recently was told that cartridges 364 would fit and work, but the printer is saying incompatible ink.  Can somebody help..

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (604 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6510 Incompatible Ink Problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Please call HP as mentioned in the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor
Message 3 of 3 (595 Views)

Re: Photosmart 6510 Incompatible Ink Problem

[ Edited ]

If you bought the printer in one region and moved to a new region you need to call customer support to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this; it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work. Check out the following document about regionalization.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02558798

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation