cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1979hydepark
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Photosmart 6510 not printing in black

My 6510 recently stopped printing in black. (It is out of warranty.)   I have tried most of the ideas posted in this forum, including multiple cartridge cleanings, deep cleanings,  and various reboots.  As with another poster, when I try to realign, the printer consistently fails after the blue cartridge.

When I did my last couple of test prints, I notice that if I put the text in very large print (72 or bigger), black text will appear in faint grey.  Other text on the same page is not visible.

Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 983
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 1979hydepark,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you have recently changed the black cartridges on your HP Photosmart 6510 and are not able to print in black. You have cleaned the printhead and also tried the recommedations on the Forums with no success.

I would like you to complete ALL step listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, please follow the troubleshooting steps in order, even if you have already previously tried the recommendations.

Let me know the outcome, if you are still not able to print in black ink please reply back with your Country/Region as well as your Warranty Status- Click here to find out

I hope to hear from you soon.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
1979hydepark
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That does not fix the problem. 

My region is United States, and the computer is no longer in warranty.

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 983
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1979hydepark,

Thank you for the requested information, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see you inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Photokool
Level 3
68 61 1 14
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the amount of posts on this issue, it appears to be a VERY common practice with current HP printers... within the first year or two, the black ink clogs up and will not print. The "clean print head" options on the printer don't accomplish anything.

I tried all of the suggestions -- even opened two NEW black cartridges -- and the wet paper towel wiping on the print head screen -- nothing!

So even though I've only put "genuine" HP cartridges in my printer -- and paid the cost that goes along with that -- that does not assure me that I can have a reliable printer.

On one of the of the other threads, someone actually marked the issue as "solved" when the person with the printer was so frustrated that that gave up and bought another printer! That was the SOLUTION!

If this is a significant issue with HP printers, then HP needs to own it and issue recalls for the printers that are affected.

My previous loyalty to HP is misplaced, I guess. My third HP laptop had a hard drive failure after only 9 months. I replaced that drive, but then the computer CPU died when it was just over two years old. It is sad.

My current printer is my third HP printer. I gave away my first one because the print cartridges were so expensive and NEVER came down in price (black ink - $35 for an ink jet!). My second one I gave to my daughter, but she says she is having problems with print cartridges now, too.

My current one is not very old... it should not need to be replaced already. Very sad!

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Highlighted
jonathbenz
Level 1
10 6 0 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried to print a page of information on the printer and it came out with bad quality. The printer only prints light grey instead of black. I changed all the cartridges, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas on how to fix?

Brochure printing Singapore

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 983
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jonathbenz,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I see you have replaced the cartridges on your HP Photosmart 6510 and you are unable to print in black ink, it is coming through a very faint grey color.

I am not sure if you were able to try the earlier recommendation in this thread so I would like you to complete ALL steps listed here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

If you complete these steps and are still not able to print in black ink, please leave me with your County/Region as well as the Warranty status of the PS 6510: Check your product warranty

I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
7,878 7,777 397 983
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

jonathbenz,

Just checking in, wanted to see if you were able to try my earlier recommendations?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation