cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Allandane
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Photosmart 6510 prints graphics but no text

HP Recommended

Photosmart 6510, SN [edited by Moderator], Firmware Version ESP1CN1244AR, Service ID 22093, IK Number 964, Software Version 028.000.1315.000, Printer Driver Version 09.84.00.1173, OS Windows 7 X64 on 2 computers, Windows 8 X64 on third computer.

Ok, now for the problem. I tried to print a PDF doc.The graphic at the top of the doc printed on the light side, but the text didn't print at all. I noticed the ink levels were low, so bought new carts. Installed the carts, ran printhead cleaner, result looked good. tried to print same doc, with same results. Ran printhead alignment. Only cyan printed and error appeared on printer "Alignment Failed You may continue but Cartridges are not calibrated for best print quality. Touch OK to continue" Then I tried to scan and print a picture. the reproduction was excellent, crisp with no descernible color change.

tried printing a couple of jpegs from each computer, all good. Now it gets weirder. Ran the Scan Doctor and fix printing.

printed the page, colors are good, anignment box looks good, but text is missing at top of page. I've tried printing doc, txt, pdf files from all 3 computers with no difference. if the pdf has graphics, they print but not the text. But xls docs will print. I tried printing the ststus and quality reports fom the printer front panel, all I got was colored outlined boxes and filled colored boxes, no text. Reinstalled software on all computers, no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Allandane,

From what you have described, it sounds to me like the black ink is not working. Any black you may see on the pages that are printing is likely a composite black made up of the 3 colors. I can help you with this.

Please use the solutions offered in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 7,694 123 223
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Allandane ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Serial Number in your Post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 16,571 902 2,476
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Allandane,

From what you have described, it sounds to me like the black ink is not working. Any black you may see on the pages that are printing is likely a composite black made up of the 3 colors. I can help you with this.

Please use the solutions offered in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation