cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TRS-80
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Photosmart 6520 and Devolo 1200AC wifi issue

HP Recommended
Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

My Photosmart 6520 will not connect to my Devolo 1200 AC wifi, it finds the SSID and promlts for a password but then refuses to connect, other devices and laptops connnect to the wifi just fine.

Has anyone got this combinatino to work ?

The Photosmart 6520 wil connect to a g wifi network.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Gemini02
Retired
Retired
16,806 16,907 1,042 2,651
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TRS-80,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I read your post and see that you want to know if the printer supports AC wifi. I would like to help you out today. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the
" Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos.

You will need to configure the router to broadcast what the printer supports. Here is a list of the supported network protocols: Wireless network: 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n supported.

Please post the results. I look forward to hearing from you again. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,528
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TRS-80 wrote:

Hi

Has anyone got this combinatino to work ?

The Photosmart 6520 wil connect to a g wifi network.

Kind regards

By G network do you mean 5Ghz band?  No, the printer is only supported on the 2.4Ghz band.   Try that.

TRS-80
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

The printer would not connect to either band on the Devolo AC wifi, i had to dig out an old wifi access point suppoting 802.11g as that was the only wifi network that 6520 would connect to.

Kind regards

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation