cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ricksmom
Author
Level 2
12 11 1 0
Message 21 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@treeBear wrote:

@ricksmom wrote:
I really appreciate all of the effort you and the other posters are putting into this problem, but I have a feeling that I'm not going find a solution.  Maybe a new router?  

This is a long shot. But since we are out of ideas, please try to change the router setting from WEP to WPA2 and try the connection again. Since WEP is very old standard, some routers may have some legacy defects that were never fixed. 

Well . . . while this opened up a huge can of worms, it ultimately led to a solution.  I changed the security settings and when I submitted them, the "wait while we apply the settings" screen appeared and never went away.  The timer kept spinning and this went on for over an hour.  Neither the old or new passwords worked and I entirely lost my internet connection.  I called Verizon and ordered a new router and told the technician on the line of my being stuck in limbo. After some basic tries (unplugging and pluggng in again) She transferred me to someone in the advanced group.  To make a very long story short, he traced the fault not to the router, but to the optical network box on the outside of my house.  He reset that, reset the router (losing the new security settings and everything else) but my internet is back, and happily, so is my printer.  I'll live with this until my state-of-the-art new router arrives.  

So thank you for the suggestion, it was a experience of frustration, it did finally lead me to a working printer! I doubt that I would have come to this point any other way.  

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
VancDarkstar
Level 3
Level 3
32 15 1 5
Message 22 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ricksmom,

Most certainly resetting the Verizion node was very unexpected solution.  I'll have to file that one away for future use.  Anyway, I'm very happy that the printer and AirPrint are working for you now.  Please don't hesitate to use the forums to look for solutions to any other issues that might crop up; we do monitor them, and we have a wonderful community of users that can often help out.

VancDarkstar

I am an HP employee
ricksmom
Author
Level 2
12 11 1 0
Message 23 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VancDarkstar wrote:

Ricksmom,

Most certainly resetting the Verizion node was very unexpected solution.  I'll have to file that one away for future use.  Anyway, I'm very happy that the printer and AirPrint are working for you now.  Please don't hesitate to use the forums to look for solutions to any other issues that might crop up; we do monitor them, and we have a wonderful community of users that can often help out.

VancDarkstar

It's certainly one that I'll remember, too. If something odd ever comes up again, I'll suggest to the technician on the end of the line to run a test going out to the box.  If it happened once, it could happen again. Thank you so much for your help, VancDarkstar.  Using the HP forum was a very useful and satisifying experience.  

Ricksmom

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation